Takeway Camera Clamp
Update 6/12/17: We don't use the Takeway clamp for any of our projects and we feel there are better, lower cost clamping solutions. Check out the Pedco Ultra Clamp 1.5, we include the Pedco in our Brinno TLC200 Pro Essentials Package and use it for many of our projects.
The Takeway clamp is bundled with a camera and housing to make Brinno's BCC200 construction camera package. Bundles are limiting, each application may require a different mount option. The Takeway clamp is a work of art, engineered very well with the best quality components. However, for most applications it is not a clamp we would choose to use. This is why it's here alone, we pull it out of the bundle and sell you only the components you need. If you want this clamp it is available in the BCC200 bundle or separately on this page.
This is an very unique clamp, but quite limiting in comparison to other, less expensive options. Before you add this to your cart, please consider the following.
- The 1X1 cm square grip pads are hard plastic and too small. If you are clamping to a hard surface the pads may damage the surface and the pads don't compress for additional grip.
- There is nothing to prevent inadvertent movement. Other clamps have a flat surface to rest against your clamping surface which prevents movement.
- This clamp requires two hands for installation which can be tricky if you are on a ladder or scaffolding. One hand supports the camera, the other tightens the hand screw.
- A screwdriver or coin is required to attach the mounting disk to the camera or camera housing. Other clamps simply attach with a hand screw. If lost, there is no replacement for the small disk and the clamp would be useless.
- Unlike other clamps, the ball head does not go past vertical. This can make installation on a vertical post or stud tricky, especially if you want the camera pointed up.
- The clamp sticks out too far and could be more prone to inadvertent bumping. Additionally, the hand knob is often pointing the same direction as the camera and may be in the camera's view.
- There are no replacement parts for this clamp, if you loose the mounting plate the clamp is worthless.
We are committed to bringing you honest and accurate information. Although this clamp looks amazing, there may be better choices for your project. This is a nice clamp to have for occasional use, if you have others to choose from. It has come in handy, it is just not our choice for most applications or long term use.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Thank you very much for your great and unbiased review. Could you please recommend other clamps that work with the BRINNO timelapse cameras? Thank you again
There are many clamps which will work with Brinno cameras. In our Housings and Mounts section, we offer two great Pedco clamps and a DIY solution which can be made from simple components from any home center. Please take a few minutes to read our Mounting Your Camera article, which details some good recommendations. If your situation does not fit one of our suggested solutions, feel free to email us at info@TimeLapseCameras.com for further discussion.